Hi

I think related packages is fairly easy to automate. I wrote a small script
that takes a line separated list of packages on standard input and
outputs what packages that are (likely) related.

Here is an example usage:

ola@tigereye:~$ cat stretch-packages.txt | sort -u | ./
find-related-source.pl | grep golang
golang, golang-1.6, golang-1.7, golang-1.8
golang-gopkg-tomb.v1, golang-gopkg-tomb.v2
golang-gopkg-dancannon-gorethink.v1, golang-gopkg-dancannon-gorethink.v2
golang-github-dgrijalva-jwt-go, golang-github-dgrijalva-jwt-go-v3

You can find the script here:
http://apt.inguza.net/tool/find-related-source.pl.gz

Finding embedded code copies is harder.

Cheers