On 17/07/15 17:33, Julien Lamy wrote:
Le 16/07/2015 20:39, Andreas Tille a écrit :
That's OK now.  I guess your next commits will be a debian/ dir.  Feel
free to commit your latest stuff you just did and improve from there.

I just pushed the first version of the debian dir, which raised a
question regarding unit tests: should I assume that the tests have been
run upstream or should I run them during the build? Right now, I've gone
the easy way and skipped them: they run relatively quickly but require a
specific environment (environment variables, running processes and
whatnot, a script is provided to set up all of this).

Next week, I'll try to integrate the code documentation and to fix the
shlib-related Lintian warnings.

Best,

The test suite should be run during the package build process. Since you said that a specific setup is required, you may want to use an override (override_dh_auto_test) to achieve the necessary setup / teardown for the test suite to run successfully. It should look like this in your d/rules:

override_dh_auto_test:
        # set your envvars up here
        ENVVAR1 = ...
        ENVVAR2 = ...
        # call the test suite
        dh_auto_test
        # optional teardown, if stuff needs to be cleared...
        rm ...

Bon courage,
Ghislain