Dear Prof. Dr. Daniel Huson,

I’m writing to you on behalf of the Debian Med team which is a subgroup inside
Debian with the objective to package free software in the field of biology and
medicine. You can see the packages we worked on in the field of bioinformatics
on our so-called tasks list[1].

While packaging MEGAN Community Edition[2], we hit a roadblock because we were
unable to find the source code for MEGAN alignment tool[3]. Please provide
source code for MALT on a public place, so we may continue packaging MEGAN.

Kind regards and thank you for choosing a free license,
Jihyeok

[1]: https://blends.debian.org/med/tasks/bio
[2]: https://github.com/danielhuson/megan-ce/
[3]: http://ab.inf.uni-tuebingen.de/data/software/malt/download/welcome.html