Dear Andreas,

I will open the github repository for MALT within the next few days. There are
a couple of things that I need to clean up first.

(I was going to wait until our paper that is under review and has been accepted
for publication, iif it is not good enough for publication then it is not good
enough for open source…)

Best wishes
daniel

> On Sep 16, 2016, at 16:13, Andreas Tille <andr...@an3as.eu> wrote:
>
> Dear Prof. Dr. Daniel Huson,
>
> as far as I can see there was no response to the mail from Jihyeok about
> the availability of the source code for MALT.  It would be really great if
> you could possibly forward the question to the people in charge to enable
> us packaging MALT and MEGAN for Debian since this makes the installation
> for users quite simple.
>
> Kind regards
>
>      Andreas.
>
> On Wed, Aug 03, 2016 at 07:06:40PM +0900, Jihyeok Seo wrote:
>> Dear Prof. Dr. Daniel Huson,
>>
>> I’m writing to you on behalf of the Debian Med team which is a subgroup
>> inside Debian with the objective to package free software in the field of
>> biology and medicine. You can see the packages we worked on in the field of
>> bioinformatics on our so-called tasks list[1].
>>
>> While packaging MEGAN Community Edition[2], we hit a roadblock because we
>> were unable to find the source code for MEGAN alignment tool[3]. Please
>> provide source code for MALT on a public place, so we may continue packaging
>> MEGAN.
>>
>> Kind regards and thank you for choosing a free license,
>> Jihyeok
>>
>> [1]: https://blends.debian.org/med/tasks/bio
>> [2]: https://github.com/danielhuson/megan-ce/
>> [3]: http://ab.inf.uni-tuebingen.de/data/software/malt/download/welcome.html
>>

> --
> http://fam-tille.de

—
Daniel Huson, Professor of Algorithms in Bioinformatics,
University of Tuebingen, Center for Bioinformatics (ZBIT), Department of
Computer Science
Sand 14, 72076 Tuebingen, Germany, Tel: +49 7071 2970450 Fax: +49 7071 295148
daniel.hu...@uni-tuebingen.de <mailto:daniel.hu...@uni-tuebingen.de>,
www-ab.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de <http://www-ab.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/>