Le Sat, Jul 29, 2017 at 07:45:23PM +0200, Steffen Möller a écrit :

> In a direct email to Charles (asking if "Registry" was OK after becoming
> aware of the reserved keyword "Registration" with a different semantics,
> "Catalog" would be an alternative) I had raised the idea that we could
> possibly use the same concept to assign packages to task pages of any
> blend. This seems likely to simplify the packager's workflow since all
> information about the package is in the same place.
>
> The format could be
>
>     Registry:
>        - Name: Blend
>           Entry: med/ngs

Hi Steffen and everybody,

sorry to be slow to answer !

I think that the format you propose is fine.

I wonder if this metadata would be even more useful via AppStream.  From
https://appstream.debian.org/:

        AppStream is a cross-distro XML format to provide metadata for software
        components and to assign unique identifiers to software.

Have a nice week-end,

Charles

--
Charles Plessy