Hello everyone!

My name is Kalou Katerina and i am an Outreachy applicant for Round 15 for
the 'continuous integration for Biological integration in Debian' project.
I am from Athens , Greece and right now i am living in Genova , Italy where
in a few months i will finish my Biorobotics PhD degree. I just wanted to
indroduce myself to all of you and tell you thank you in advance for all
your precious help!

I am intresting in running tests for either  the poa or the pyscanfcs
package - the second one is more difficult, i think? Also , if anyone else
of the participants is working on the same packages please let me know!

I am a linux user for years , however i do not have actively contribute
before to an open source program and i am not very familiar with Debian
packaging. (my programming language knowledge includes Matlab ,Python and a
basic level of C++). The last couple of days i browsed the mailing list's
content that led me to the debci documentation
<https://ci.debian.net/doc/index.html> site. I try to implement now these
steps. I installed the required debci packages in my Linux machine. I am
going through the tutorial - rIght now i try to 'configure the whitelist'
as explained.

I have one question : all the examples in the part of the tutorial for
setting up the development environment (i.e sudo apt-get install rerun
ruby-foreman apt-cacher-ng
​ |
moreutils lighttpd rabbitmq-server) are relative to the specific package of
'rubby'? So when i want to set up the environment for running test in
another package i will have to change these commands accordingly?

I am sorry for the *naive* questions... If there is also any other tutorial
in the subject please let me know!!

Thank you all in advance for your availability and a your help!

Regards,
Katerina