On Sun, Feb 25, 2024 at 08:32:52PM +0100, Sascha Steinbiss wrote:
> Hmm, I never had that. The buildd builds also seem to pass this step with no
> errors. I am wondering if nox wants to pull anything from PyPI using pip and
> either your DNS configuration is weird or your build container cannot access
> the Internet (which than again it shouldn't)... but if buildds are not
> supposed to access the Internet why don't the builds fail there?

Some buildds actually do have internet access. I did ask this on IRC and the
response I got was that we expect builds to be fully offline but the same
may not be always enforced on wannabuild machines.

https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=python-awkward&arch=arm64&ver=2.6.1-1&stamp=1708783196&raw=0

Says

| nox -s prepare
| nox > Running session prepare
| nox > Creating virtual environment (virtualenv) using python3 in .nox/prepare
| nox > python -m pip install build numpy packaging PyYAML requests tomli
| nox > python dev/copy-cpp-headers.py

If all nox commands are running then these deps are probably being pulled in. I
suppose this can
be patched out - for instance we do not need venv and the dep installs.

PS: I personally do not have the bandwidth to do it.

Thanks
Nilesh