I demand that Duncan Findlay may or may not have written...

> On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 01:52:43PM -0400, Deva Seetharam wrote:
[snip]
>> 1. how does one get an advocate?

> The best way is to package a piece of software, and make the packages
> available somewhere.

And, preferably, package it because you find it to be useful.

> Apply to be a NM, and post a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> asking for a sponsor. A sponsor will take a look at your package and
> (assuming all goes well) upload them. If they are sufficiently impressed,
> they will likely be your advocate.

The how doesn't matter too much; I've done things in a somewhat different
order - get my key signed and have one of the signers be my advocate; wait
for an application manager, and ask him to sponsor a (trivial) package.

I have other packages (see the URL in my .sig), at least some of which should
become official Debian packages, or at least distributed-with-Debian
packages. None have sponsors as yet...

[snip]

--
| Darren Salt       | linux (or ds) at | nr. Ashington,
| Linux PC, Risc PC | youmustbejoking  | Northumberland
| No Wodniws here   | demon co uk      | Toon Army
|   <URL:http://www.youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk/> (PGP 2.6, GPG keys)

He who lives without folly is less wise than he believes.