On 03-Jul-2016, Gianfranco Costamagna wrote:
> why do you have some extra chars in your files?

I don't know of any extra characters. Which ones do you think are
extra?

> your packaging seems full of bad line endings

How did you detect bad line endings? I dont' see any reported from
‘file’:

    $ file $(find debian/ -type f)
    debian/compat:                                 ASCII text
    debian/changelog:                              UTF-8 Unicode text
    debian/libjs-jquery-throttle-debounce.install: UTF-8 Unicode text
    debian/README.source:                          UTF-8 Unicode text
    debian/gbp.conf:                               UTF-8 Unicode text
    debian/control:                                UTF-8 Unicode text
    debian/source/format:                          ASCII text
    debian/rules:                                  a /usr/bin/make -f script,
UTF-8 Unicode text executable
    debian/copyright:                              UTF-8 Unicode text
    debian/watch:                                  UTF-8 Unicode text

> my vim is sad to look at them!

Are you maybe seeing the “form feed” characters (U+000C)? Those are
not line endings; they are normal, standard white space.

Your Vim is happy with them because they allow folding or navigating
the file by “section”. See the Vim documentation
<URL:http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/motion.html#section>.

> I: xkcdpass source: build-depends-on-python-dev-with-no-arch-any
>
> please fix, if you don't build libraries you don't have to depend on the -dev
> Python package

Thanks, I missed that. I'm not sure why I added it, I will double check.

--
 \        “Hanging one scoundrel, it appears, does not deter the next. |
  `\         Well, what of it? The first one is at least disposed of.” |