Package: sponsorship-requests
Severity: normal

  Dear mentors,

  I am looking for a sponsor for my package "acorn"

 * Package name    : acorn
   Version         : 4.0.3-1
   Upstream Author : (big list)
 * URL             : https://github.com/ternjs/acorn
 * License         : Expat
   Section         : web

  It builds those binary packages:

    node-acorn - ECMAScript parser for Node.js

To access further information about this package, please visit the following URL:

  https://mentors.debian.net/package/acorn

dget -x https://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/a/acorn/acorn_4.0.3-1.dsc

  It is packaged within the Debian Javascript Maintainers' git repository:
    Vcs-Browser: https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-javascript/acorn.git
    Vcs-Git: https://anonscm.debian.org/git/pkg-javascript/acorn.git

Notice:

(1) the package was first made by Bas Couwenberg, uploaded, then pulled and abandoned -- I had just a (very obsolete) repository to start with ; so I set the priority as "normal" but considered "wishlist" too.

(2) upstream moved forward very fast and uses rollup to compile itself, but we don't have rollup yet, and rollup needs acorn (and itself!), so I'm using my node-es6-module-transpiler and sed-patch things so they work ; I could check running "acorn foo.js" works for most files in /usr/lib/nodejs (some give errors, but can still be tokenized, so nothing too worrying).

The ultimate goal is to get rollup up and running, boostrapping it with node-es6-module-transpiler. I'm not there yet...

Cheers,

Snark on #debian-js