On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 09:50:32AM +0100, Ervin Hegedüs wrote: > > > > > > > I'm working on another (hamradio related) package(s)... Also > > > > > > > should I wait with them? > > > > > > With all packages already existing in testing. > > > > > > > > > > I'm sorry, but I don't understand this really... > > > > What part of it? The reasons written by Adam above apply to all packages > > > > that exist both in testing and unstable. > > > > > > * hamlib - it exists in stable, testing and unstable, but it > > > released a new version with several new features > > > * grig - also exists in all systems, but the package only has > > > a small modification: it has a desktop file... > > It doesn't matter what changes will you put in sid. What matters is that > > when testing and sid contain different versions of a package it's > > impossible to update the package in testing by uploading the update to > > sid. > > Ok, but what's the solution? experimental or wait until freeze end.
> The Hamlib has a new version number The upstream version doesn't matter. The full package version does. > I can't change it. But I can make it for all systems: for stable, > testing and sid with same version number. Is that a solution? You can't update packages in stable or testing. -- WBR, wRAR
Description: PGP signature