On Saturday 14 October 2017 00:56:11 CEST Adam Borowski wrote:
> Before a human review, it'd be good to fix issues found by automated
> tools.  In particular, lintian throws a lot.  Please run it on both
> source and built packages (lintian gudhi*changes).
>
> "lintian -i" gives a helpful explanation how to fix these problems.

Hello, and thanks a lot for getting back to me.

I *think* I have evaluated all of the lintian errors, but any
suggestions or comments are very welcome:

 W: gudhi source: newer-standards-version 4.0.0 (current is 3.9.8)

Not relevant since the upload would be to sid anyway, right?

 E: python3-gudhi: binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gudhi.cpython-35m-x86_64-linux-gnu.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu

I admit I'm on thin ice here, but from
https://wiki.debian.org/RpathIssue I had the impression that the use
of RPATH is OK here since only the python3 executable would be loading
the shared object. Am I correct?

 W: gudhui: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/gudhui

I will work on creating a man page for this.

 W: libgudhi-examples: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/libgudhi-example-*

These are very simple example programs only used together with the
documentation and their own source code. As such it feels a bit
strange for them to have manpages. I could also remove that binary
package, if you think that is better.

 W: libgudhi-examples: lib-recommends-documentation recommends: libgudhi-doc

This was actually done on purpose. The examples are really meant to be
used together with the documentation, and as such I don't think the
warning applies here. Please let me know if I'm wrong.

 W: libgudhi-doc: embedded-javascript-library
usr/share/doc/libgudhi/html/jquery.js please use libjs-jquery

>From #736360 and #736432 I had the impression that this is a
long-standing problem where there is not yet any consensus about how
to proceed. Am I overlooking something?

Again, thanks a lot for your feedback.

 Best regards,
 Gard Spreemann