On Sunday, October 01 2017, Gabriel F. T. Gomes wrote:

> Package: sponsorship-requests
> Severity: normal
>
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "bash-completion"
>
>  * Package name    : bash-completion
>    Version         : 1:2.7-1
>    Upstream Author : Bash Completion Maintainers
>  * URL             : https://github.com/scop/bash-completion
>  * License         : GPL-2
>    Section         : shells

Hey, Gabriel!

As promised, here's my review.  The first thing I did was to "gbp clone"
your repository and build it locally.  After that, I ran:

  lintian -EI --pedantic bash-completion_2.7-1_amd64.changes

And noticed a few things worth fixing:

  I: bash-completion source: vcs-field-uses-insecure-uri vcs-git
git://git.inconstante.eti.br/bash-completion-debian.git
  I: bash-completion source: vcs-field-uses-insecure-uri vcs-browser
http://git.inconstante.eti.br/?p=bash-completion-debian.git

Not sure if you're planning to change these URLs, but you should use
secure (HTTPS) ones.  But you're probably going to use the "official"
repository, right?  The one at
<https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/bash-completion/bash-completion.git/>.

  W: bash-completion: package-installs-into-obsolete-dir etc/bash_completion.d/
: ^etc/bash_completion.d/ -> usr/share/bash-completion/completions Ensure new
filename matches sticter requirements (see https://bugs.debian.org/776954 and
https://bugs.debian.org/814599)

It seems the package was abandoned before these warnings were added.
You can see more details in the bugs, but the idea here is that
completions should be installed under
/usr/share/bash-completion/completions/, because /etc/bash_completion.d/
has been deprecated.

It is questionable whether you should make at least one revision with
/etc/bash_completion.d/, because according to README.Debian the
directory was being kept for compatibility reasons.  IMHO, this is a
good opportunity to make needed changes to the package, and this is one
of them.  But maybe you/others have a different opinion.

It's also a good idea to bump the Standards-Version to 4.1.2 now.

Other than that, I really like what you did, and I think the package is
basically ready to be uploaded.

Good job!

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: 237A 54B1 0287 28BF 00EF  31F4 D0EB 7628 65FC 5E36