On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 8:09 AM Ben Hutchings <b...@decadent.org.uk> wrote:
[...]
> I do wonder what the value of enabling these as in-tree modules would
> be.  I don't think we package the many Android userspace services and
> libraries that would be needed to run Android apps.  So how would these
> modules be useful?  Is the idea to support running an Android system in
> a container?

Yes, there's no value for most people to have these two modules. It's
only used when you want to run Android in a container(most probably
you want to run some applications/games which only have mobile version
but no free alternative on Debian).
Anbox[1] is the approach to do this. If you want to test, you can have
a look at my other RFS(#901137). Also noted, anbox will be in contrib
area, since we don't have Android image(rootfs) in main.

[1] https://github.com/anbox/anbox

--
Best regards,
Shengjing Zhu