I am looking for a sponsor to upload a new openldap package. It adds two
new binary packages that resolve some long-standing wishlist bugs.
I hope that this could still reach testing before the soft freeze.
However, it could be deferred if that seems too risky; in that case I
might request an upload to experimental instead.
Changes since the last upload:
* Reintroduce slapi-dev binary package. (Closes: #711469)
Thanks to Florian Schlichting.
* Do not call gnutls_global_set_mutex(). (Closes: #803197)
* Use dh_auto_* to build and install contrib modules.
- Stop patching the clean rule in smbk5pwd's Makefile.
* Explicitly list overlays and man pages installed by slapd package in
slapd.install and slapd.manpages files.
* Set common variables for contrib Makefiles by make(1) command line instead
of patching every Makefile.
* Build and install more contrib plugins in a new slapd-contrib package:
- pw-apr1 and pw-netscape (Closes: #592362)
- pw-pbkdf2 (Closes: #794999)
* Import the slapo-pw-pbkdf2 man page from upstream git master and install
it with the slapd-contrib package.
* Add smbk5pwd to slapd-contrib and turn slapd-smbk5pwd into a transitional
package. Drop smbk5pwd README since it now has a man page which is a
better resource for users.
- Use Breaks to ensure that slapd is not upgraded in between removing the
old smbk5pwd module and installing the new one.
* Include the apr1-atol.pl and apr1-lota.pl helper scripts in the
slapd-contrib package as examples.
* Merge remaining contrib Makefile patches into a single contrib-makefiles
Notes on my own local testing:
- I have tested arch-all, arch-any, stage1, and full builds using
- I verified using debdiff that the list of files installed by the slapd
package did not change.
- I have reviewed the build log and checked that dpkg-buildflags are
being correctly used when building the contrib modules.
- I have tested sid->sid and stretch->sid upgrades using piuparts.
- I have manually tested sid->sid and stretch->sid upgrades with the
smbk5pwd module added and configured, and have used Breaks to ensure
correct ordering for this upgrade.
- I manually tested the gnutls change in some scenarios such as a
- The gnutls change has also been tested by a user; see #803197.
Thanks for considering,