On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 06:16:29PM -0500, Chris Lamb wrote:
> Hi Nicholas,
>
> > Well, I packaged memleax because I couldn't find heaptrack, and when
> > memleax was abandoned upstream I discovered heaptrack via memleax'
> > issue tracker.
>
> I certainly would agree that this is a bug. That is not the question here.
>
> > So are NMUs only justified for fixing RC bugs
>
> Yes, or least something of "Severity: important" (or similar in
> spirit). Our difference, if any, is that I don't feel that is
> warranted here. :)

That's fair ;-)  Also, I just realised that I've collaborated with some
Debian Science Team members before, and have reached out to them.
'should have investigated that avenue before requesting an NMU.

Maybe it's obvious, but perhaps the developer's reference and
wiki/PackageSalvaging would benefit the addition of "Things to do
before NMUing…for a team maintained package, try to find someone you
know on the team to do a Team Upload (link to page that has Team IRC
channels, and suggest examining Team members list on Salsa).  It's a
trivial bit of work I'd be happy to do...

Thanks again!
Nicholas