> On Aug 27, 2019, at 08:48, Fabian Wolff <fabi.wo...@arcor.de> wrote:
>
> On 8/27/19 4:00 PM, Matthew Fernandez wrote:
>>> z3 (4.8.4-0.1) unstable; urgency=medium
>>
>> I am not a z3 dev, but the latest z3 release is 4.8.5. Is there a
>> particular motivation for uploading a 4.8.4-based release?
>
> Thanks for pointing this out; I did not notice this, because I was
> using uscan, and upstream suddenly changed the tag format on Github for
> tagging new releases:
>
>  https://github.com/Z3Prover/z3/tags <https://github.com/Z3Prover/z3/tags>

Ah, I was not aware of this either, so we both learned something :)

> In the last hour or so, I have tried to import version 4.8.5, but they
> apparently changed something in the build system so that building with
> Mono no longer works (it fails with 'dotnet: Command not found', and I
> don't know what the Mono equivalent of the dotnet command is, or if one
> exists at all).

I’ve built 4.8.5 before, but not the .net bindings which I guess is what you’re
dealing with. I can attempt this but unfortunately won’t have time in the short
term.

> So, I'd say having version 4.8.4 is still better than 4.4.1, and if
> someone else wants to give 4.8.5 another try in the future, they can do
> so after this upload.

Agreed. Having 4.8.4 available would be a significant improvement. Thanks!