On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 08:49:38PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had no problems to clone from salsa for since the beginning.  It works
> on several computers I have.  On a newly installed Laptop I copied all
> my configurations from a computer that works perfectly in the sense that
>
>    gbp clone salsa:team/package

Odd git clone URL, might be due magic from gbp.

> creates a .git/config containing
>
> [remote "origin"]
>         url = g...@salsa.debian.org:team/package.git
>
> as it should be to be able to push.  Great.  However, on that new
> laptop I get
>
> [remote "origin"]
>         url = https://salsa.debian.org/team/package.git
>
> I closely followed the salsa documentation[1] and did
>
>    git config --global url."g...@salsa.debian.org:".insteadOf salsa:
>
> (which created the entry in ~/.gitconfig
>
> [url "g...@salsa.debian.org:"]
>         pushInsteadOf = https://salsa.debian.org/
>         insteadOf = salsa:

That 'salsa:' string should be a valid `git clone` URL.

I have peeked at http://losc.nl/Breda/maint.html
which has a known working "pushInsteadOf"

> So all seems as expected - but the URL is not replaced and I need
> to manually change the URL in cloned repositories.  The laptop
> in question is running an up to date testing.
>
> Any idea what I might missing?

Hard to tell.  Things to be aware of
* account on new computer might not be known to Salsa
  (Give a copy of (new) ssh pub key to Salsa)
* `gbp` doing magic things
  (based upon seeing the odd git clone URL above)

Regards
Geert Stappers

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/Salsa/Doc#Canonical_URLs
--