On Tue, Feb 9, 2021 at 6:48 PM Ross Gammon wrote:

> I have an upload stuck in the upload queue due to an expired key, and I
> would like upload my newly unexpired key to the Debian keyservers so
> that it is eventually unblocked.
>
> But I get this error:
> $ gpg -v --keyserver keyring.debian.org --send-key 'fingerprint'
> gpg: sending key 0x<key> to hkp://keyring.debian.org
> gpg: keyserver send failed: Connection refused
> gpg: keyserver send failed: Connection refused

That command works for me and looks like the correct one according to:

https://keyring.debian.org/

> 6. Today, realise the upload has silently failed due to expired key.
> 7. Extend expiry date of keys forward two more years.

It is a good idea to set a calendar appointment or at/systemd-run job
to give you a reminder before the date. I'm doing the expiry update 3
months before my expiry.

https://riseup.net/en/security/message-security/openpgp/best-practices#set-a-calendar-event-to-remind-you-about-your-expiration-date

> Any ideas on what configuration I might need to update?

Maybe look at your firewalls, network or proxy setup, or use wireshark
and tcptraceroute to see what is blocking the connection. Or try
creating a temporary user on your machine, logging in as that,
creating a new key with a test name/email and try sending that to the
server, the result will give some more info on where the problem is.
Also do that from another machine on the same network, or from a
Debian Live system booted on your machine.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise