Andrius Merkys:
Hello,

[...]

My question: Is it OK to extract AmberTools from Amber tarball and
package for Debian main?

[1] https://ambermd.org/AmberTools.php
[2] https://ambermd.org/GetAmber.php#ambertools

Best,
Andrius

From the description you have provided, I would assume yes with the following assumptions:

 1) By "Extract AmberTools" you mean repackage the orig tarball.
 2) AmberTools consists entirely of open sourced files that have a
    compatible license. Probably it does, but I would double check that
    no non-free files made their way into AmberTools.

(Plus of course that AmberTools does not Depend or Build-Depend on any non-free components whether third-party or from ambermd.org)

For reference, I did not check the upstream site.

Thanks,
~Niels