I would recommend you install the debian-policy package and review the
documentation on the format of the copyright file at /usr/share/doc/debian-
policy/copyright-format-1.0.html.  With that as a reference, I do not find it
difficult to manually edit copyright files.

--
Soren Stoutner
so...@stoutner.com