Hello,

I would like to convert netpbm-free to a multiple component package, one
for the main code
http://netpbm.svn.code.sourceforge.net/p/netpbm/code/release_number/
which is versioned
and the docs from
http://netpbm.svn.code.sourceforge.net/p/netpbm/code/userguide/
with HEAD as matching‐pattern.

The obvious problem is the versioning, I would like to make uscan simply use
the main version for the userguide but afaik I cannot refer to it in
uversionmangle.

I can do
uversionmangle=s/^0\.0/20.00/
to makes uscan always (well unless upstream hits 20.00) consider
userguide outdate and save it as
../netpbm-free_${netpbm main version}.orig-userguide.tar.xz
with directory name
netpbm-free-20.00~svn${revision}

Afaik dpkg-source will ignore the dirname anyway, so this part should not
be a problem.

Is there anything else I am missing, is there a better approach?

TIA, cu Andreas
so grateful to you.'