Control: tags -1 - moreinfo

Hello Tobi,

> A question to that: Can you elaborate a bit on the testing you have
> done to verify that this patch indeed fixes the vulnerability?
> (Asking, becasue unfortunatly there is not lot of information available
> e.g from the upstream issue and upstream seems to be generally very
> silent…

I developed the upstream patch, and so did do the necessary testing
locally. You can simply prepare a crafted message containing some
Authentication-Results headers and then see if the right ones get
deleted.

> Said that, if we have a high confidence in this patch, this fix should
> also propagate to stable (via stable-proposed-updates) and oldstable.
> I'm happy to sponsor such uploads.

I don’t know if I will have the energy to do a stable update, though.

> Except the information request, this package is ready to be sponsored,
> and I will do so once the me-being-paranoid-question has been answered
> ;-)

Thank you for your interest!

Ciao,
David