Dear Bo,

Le 08/04/2024 à 17:05, Bo YU a écrit :
I am looking for a sponsor for my package "bisect-ppx":
[...]

I've reviewed the packaging and I have a few comments.

Standards-Version is not the latest.

Upstream copyright years are missing in debian/copyright.

A .cma file is in a "OPT:" line in an .install.in file.

I would not override dh_dwz nor dh_strip. My opinion is that what you are trying to fix are deficiencies of the toolchain that should be fixed there.

It is not right to override source-contains-prebuilt-javascript-object in this case; you should filter the .js file out and make sure the package works without it. Or get the actual sources and build from them. Or find it in another Debian package. (These are just examples of how to tackle the issue.)

I am wondering about long-term maintainability of the manpage. I suppose you've generated the manpage from running the command with --help? Please make a rule to automatically generate it.

Thank you for your work,

--
Stéphane