Dear mentors,

I am considering adopting usbguard and possibly the related, separate
usbguard-notifier source package:

  https://bugs.debian.org/1147524 (O: usbguard)
  https://bugs.debian.org/1148723 (RFA: usbguard-notifier)

I am an aspiring Debian Maintainer, not yet a DM or DD. I have worked on
sponsored adoptions including zchunk and libdrpm, and would like to establish
appropriate review and sponsorship support before committing to these
security-sensitive packages.

So far I have carried out a static review of the Debian packaging and
relevant BTS reports. I have not filed an ITA, made packaging changes or
performed runtime security testing, and I do not have an upload candidate.

The main area needing careful review is USBGuard's Debian-specific
authorization policy and desktop integration. In particular, these reports
need to be considered together when evaluating changes and regression tests:

  https://bugs.debian.org/1134751
  https://bugs.debian.org/1009074

Would a Debian Developer be willing to review an initial maintenance plan
and, subject to reviewing the resulting packages, sponsor the first uploads?
Input from someone familiar with polkit and GNOME integration would also be
very welcome; the specialist reviewer and sponsor need not be the same person.
The scope would include agreeing on upgrade tests and any stable follow-up.

This is a preliminary enquiry, not an RFS for an upload-ready package.
Suggestions for an appropriate team or reviewer would also be helpful.

Best regards,
Federico Molara

Reply via email to