Hi,

On 01/07/07, Nico Golde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,
* Raphael Geissert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-07-01 21:51]:
[...]
> >> By the way, what do you think about making linda check the
> >> package too?
> >
> >Linda itself is too buggy I think. Linda is not bad but when
> >looking at the past I came to a point where I stopped using
> >it because of its bugs.
>
> I have an alias in my .bashrc which helps me with this stuff:
>
> alias checkdeb='linda -i *.deb; linda -i *.dsc; lintian -i -I
> *.deb;
> lintian -i -I *.dsc'
>
> The only "problem" I've found with linda is that when checking
> the source of a package it sometimes complains about duplicate files
> like:
>
> W: zend-framework; The font
> zend-framework-1.0.0-RC2/tests/Zend/Pdf/_fonts/Vera.ttf in
> package ttf-bitstream-vera is considered to be a duplicate.
> The font shown above is considered to be a duplicate of a
> commonly available font.
>
> even tough those files aren't included in the final .deb

Linda has way too much false-positives (the above is just
one example) which is really bad.
bugs.debian.org/linda vs bugs.debian.org/lintian does look
like this as well.

There are only 5 bugs in linda:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?which=src&data=linda&archive=no&pend-exc=pending-fixed&pend-exc=fixed&pend-exc=done&sev-inc=important&sev-inc=normal
By the way, looks like the BTS is kind of buggy:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?which=src&data=linda&archive=no&repeatmerged=no&version=&dist=unstable&pend-exc=pending-fixed&pend-exc=fixed&pend-exc=done&sev-exc=wishlist&sev-exc=fixed&exclude=fixed&exclude=fixed-in-experimental&exclude=fixed-upstream
That should normally exclude all those bugs marked as done, but it
isn't excluding them.
Cheers
Nico
--
Nico Golde - http://ngolde.de - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - GPG: 0x73647CFF
http://people.debian.org/~nion/sponsoring-checklist.html

--
Atomo64 - Raphael

Please avoid sending me Word, PowerPoint or Excel attachments.