Hi mentors,

I'm currently packaging pixelpost (ITP #470214) which is a photoblog
application written in php and using mysql.  The installation process
requires to create an 'admin' account in the database with, of course,
a password.

My question is: what do you think is the best solution to set this
password?

One solution, the easiest on the package development point of view, is
to set a default password documented in the README.Debian.  Of course,
this is not beautiful and can be a security issue, especially if the
user doesn't change it immediately...

Another solution would be to use debconf to ask for a password during
the configuration of the package.  The level for the question would
probably be "medium".  But if debconf is configured to show only
questions with a level higher than critical, what will be the value of
the password?  Moreover in that case, how to inform the user of the
default password?

I guess some of you already faced this kind of situation, so your
feedback is welcome :-)

Thanks,
  Xavier