On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 4:27 PM, S'orlok Reaves <sorlok_rea...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> Are you able to ship the spec in the source package and generate
>> Myanmar.model from the spec at build time? Or ship a myanmar-spec
>> source package that builds and installs the the Model file?
> Unfortunately, no. The model generator source is not available for release,
> sorry.

Hmm, FSVO 'source code' and 'program', this violates DFSG #2.

>> http://wiki.debian.org/Proposals/CopyrightFormat
> I was under the impression that the debian copyright file format was just
> free-form text,
> restricted only by content. However, I'm willing to refactor my copyrights
> into this
> format --is this proposal nearing acceptance, and do you think it will become
> the
> new standard? I'd be happy to get a jump on future updates. ;)

Correct. The proposal has acceptance in some parts of Debian, but not
universally.

>> I note that you ship waitzar_users_guide.pdf instead of generating it
> It generates on build now. I'm a little concerned with the fact that this
> (fop + docbook)
> nearly doubles the length of my builds-depends, but I've tested it from every
> angle, so...

Note that fop is in contrib (except in experimental), so you should
either target experimental instead of unstable or move the package to
contrib.

>> Not sure I like how you put all the images in a tarball instead of a
>> subdirectory
>> either.
> Fair enough; I've added images/ and fonts/ to the distro. Actually, this is a
> good QC measure
> for me, to make sure that I'm "eating my own dog food" when it comes to
> generating WZ's docs.

Which fonts are these? I'm wary of adding fonts to source packages;
usually either the font is a copyright violation or should be packaged
separately.

> And, for the record, all packages are "lintian -i -I -E" clean, and work as
> expected.

Hmm, experimental lintian tags, didn't know about those. Thanks

> I'll be back on Tuesday; hope all you developers out there have a nice
> weekend.

You too!

--
bye,