Il giorno ven, 19/03/2010 alle 10.08 +0100, Adam Borowski ha scritto:
> On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 01:25:21PM +0100, Dominique Dumont wrote:
> > On Thursday 18 March 2010 11:27:16 Ivan Wong wrote:
> > > * Package name    : go
>
> > > It builds these binary packages:
> > > go         - Google's Go programming language compiler
> >
> > Hmm, when I've the the subject of this mail, My first thought was about the
> > venerable go game.
>
> In a software distribution, computer languages should get strong priority
> over games.

I don't see why. If I really had to point a general rule of thumb to
evaluate popularity of words in the computer world, it would be the
number of pages found searching on a search engine.

> You don't say "C-lang" or "perl-lang".

C and perl bring no ambiguity (oh, and there is no "C" package).

My opinion is that go-compiler makes sense.

Pietro