Hi,

On Montag, 22. November 2010, anatoly techtonik wrote:
> What is the proper way to test packages inside chroot?

you already found it :-)

sadly you also found out, that often also problems in dependend packages are
found.

> piuparts fails with error that seem unrelated to my package:
>
>  0m35.5s ERROR: Broken symlinks:
>  /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/python-support.pth ->
> /var/lib/python-support/python2.4/.path
>
> Can you recommend any best practices or helper scripts?

a.) file a bug against the dependend package
b.) use --warn-on-others which should make piuparts not complain about
problems in dependent packages. It doesn't and cannot work for all cases.
c.) use --no-symlinks to disable this particular test.
d.) RTFM: http://piuparts.debian.org/doc/piuparts.1.html and
http://piuparts.debian.org/doc/README.html

(in no particular order)

btw, what are you doing with python2.4? it's not in squeeze :)

cheers,
        Holger