On Sun, 13 Mar 2011, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 5:38 AM,  <fre...@free.fr> wrote:
>
> > I got this message while building a package :
> > dpkg-shlibdeps: error: no dependency information found for
> > /usr/lib/libgio-2.0.so.0 (used by foo).
>
> Sounds like the code is using gio but not linking against it. Please
> fix the upstream build system to explicitly link foo against gio.

Hum no. This message means that dpkg-shlipdes has found no associated
shlibs/symbols files that provides the dependency for that library.

There is a /var/lib/dpkg/info/libglib2.0-0.symbols in Debian. And dpkg-dev
1.16.0 is Ubuntu-only at this point... might be a multi-arch related bug.

Fred, can you show me the output of those commands?

$ dpkg-query --control-path libglib2.0-0 symbols
$ ls -al /var/lib/dpkg/info/libglib2.0-0*
$ dpkg -s libglib2.0-0 dpkg

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer