On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 10:31:47PM +0100, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 10:53:50AM -0800, Nicholas Breen wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 11:46:34PM +0000, Jonathan McCrohan wrote:
> > > I am looking for a sponsor for my package "wavemon".
> > >
> > >  * Package name    : wavemon
> > >    Version         : 0.7.3-1
> >
> > I'd certainly like to see an updated wavemon package in the archive.
> > However,
> > Rene Englehard is still listed as the current maintainer and last uploader,
> > and
> > it doesn't seem to be orphaned or RFAed.  Have you talked with him about
> > taking
> > over the package, or possibly sponsoring your uploads?
>
> Yes we talked about it -  he can have it :)

Thanks for clarifying!

The package looks pretty good, but there are a few rough spots left.  Lintian
reports:
I: wavemon: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign usr/share/man/man5/wavemonrc.5.gz:78
I: wavemon: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign usr/share/man/man5/wavemonrc.5.gz:86
I: wavemon: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign usr/share/man/man5/wavemonrc.5.gz:87
I: wavemon: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign usr/share/man/man5/wavemonrc.5.gz:113
I: wavemon: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign usr/share/man/man5/wavemonrc.5.gz:133

...which are easily fixed, and would be worth sending upstream too.

As long as you're bumping the debhelper compatibility to 7, have you considered
switching over to a dh-style rules file as well?  That would allow you to drop
the Build-Depends on cdbs and quilt, and bring the rules file down to a
two-liner:

%:
        dh $@ --with autotools_dev

There should be a Build-Depends on autotools-dev.  Right now it's brought in by
a Recommends: from cdbs, but it's better off being explicit.

When I build it, the documentation is duplicated in /usr/share/doc/wavemon
*and* /usr/share/wavemon.  Not sure what's putting it in that second directory,
where it certainly doesn't belong; this is also automatically fixed if you use
a dh rules file.

- Nicholas