On Thu, Apr 05, 2012 at 04:34:05PM +0200, Gergely Nagy wrote:

> the name. RPG is commonly the abbreviation for role playing game, and

There are many others:

>From The Free On-line Dictionary of Computing (26 July 2010) [foldoc]:

  RPG

     1. <games> {Role-Playing Game}.

     2. <tool> {Report Program Generator}.

     3. <person> {Richard Gabriel}.

     (1999-10-12)

>From V.E.R.A. -- Virtual Entity of Relevant Acronyms (June 2006) [vera]:

  RPG
         Report Program Generator

>From Wikipedia:

    Rocket-propelled grenade, a shoulder-launched anti-tank weapon
    Role-playing game, in which players act out the roles of characters in a
narrative game
    Role-playing video game, a type of computer or video game

    RPG Life Sciences, Indian pharmaceutical company
    RPG Group, Indian business group
    Rally of the Guinean People, Guinean political party

    IBM RPG, a native programming language for IBM's System i servers
    Rebounds Per Game, see Rebound (basketball)
    Retrograde pyelogram, a medical imaging procedure to visualize the urinary
tract
    Regulation Prescription Glasses, another name for GI glasses

> indeed, if you do an apt-get search rpg, the majority of the results are

But there no package named rpg.

> As such, I find rpg to be a too common and confusing name, as it has
> nothing to do with role playing games.

There are too many homonym in our life. It is hard to avoid all of them.