On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 03:28:55PM +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Marc,

> I am participating in a team-maintained package which is hosted on
> collab-maint.

Which package ?

> We would like to have the Maintainer: address of that
> package to forward to all members of the team,

Why would you want to do that ? I mean, is the package you work on related to
all other maintainers maintaining other packages in collab-maint ?

http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/CollabMaint
"not connected to any other teams"

> preferably by setting
> an address there that forwards to the PTS, having team members and
> other interested parties subscribed there.
>
> This seems to be harder to do than I imagined.
>
> <package>@packages.qa.debian.org wants a certain header to be set for
> the message to be forwarded.
>
> <package>@packages.debian.org seems to add that header automatically
> before forwarding to the PTS, but using that address as Maintainer: is
> a lintian _error_ (not even a warning) ("Severity: serious, Certainty:
> certain").

Would modifying lintian be a solution for your problem ?

> There do not seem to be public mailing lists on the collab-maint
> Alioth project.

Does this one not work ?
collab-maint-de...@lists.alioth.debian.org."

> Do we really need to create a dedicated Alioth project just to get a
> mailing list which can be used as Maintainer? Or am I missing a
> policy-compliant possibility to do this with available resources?

I agree that creating an Alioth project just for the mailing list feels
somewhat uncomfortable.

Regards,

Bart Martens