On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 12:58:33PM +0000, Gianfranco Costamagna wrote:
> Il Domenica 23 Febbraio 2014 10:39, Bart Martens <ba...@debian.org> ha
> scritto:
> >1. The patch makes the program use one additional position of the memory
> >pointed to by buf.  Are you sure that there will be no buffer overflow for
> >any
> >value of name without replacing 14 by 15 in the allocation ?

> I don't see any particular issues there.

I couldn't follow your reasoning, so I took a closer look at the source code
myself.  I agree now that there is no added risk for a buffer overflow because
/dev/ + 1 character is still smaller than /dev/cdroms/ .

> >2. The package has a high popcon.  Have you thoroughly tested the resulting
> >package ? I would feel more comfortable if you would confirm that on bug
> >719110.
> >

> This is something I cannot really deeply test

That answers my question.  I'll test this myself before uploading.  I see now
that it's possible to test this on Debian by renaming /dev/cdrom to /dev/cdrom3
or so.

Regards,

Bart Martens