On Tue, 30 Sep 2014 19:00:44 +0200,
Mattia Rizzolo<mat...@mapreri.org> wrote:

>On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 6:10 PM, Andreas Rönnquist
><mailingli...@gusnan.se> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Does anybody maintain a package which uses Savannah as host for the
>> upstream, and uses the savannah file area for its file releases?
>
>/me rise his hand
>
>http://sources.debian.net/src/licenseutils/0.0.7-3/debian/watch/
>

>> My problem is that while uscan --report-status reports that an
>> upstream is available, since it checks the
>>
>> http://download.savannah.gnu.org/<project>
>>
>> folder, but when it is time to download, savannah redirects to the
>> nearest mirror site and tries to download from there. (In my case
>> http://nongnu.uib.no/ ) where the file hasn't had the time to
>> replicate, which causes problems, and the download isn't possible.
>>
>> What is the best way to come around this problem where uscan
>> --report-status reports that a release is available, while it hasn't
>> had time to replicate to the site where download happens from?
>>
>> Do you people simply use download-mirror.savannah.gnu.org in watch
>> instead, or is there a better solution?
>
>do you mind link your watch file (and maybe tell us the which package
>is this)

This is for my package devilspie2 - watch file at
http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/devilspie2.git/tree/debian/watch

Not that the problem is huge, but it would be nice to be able to
upload a new upstream version, get it reported by uscan --report-status,
and then immediately being able to use git-import-orig --uscan.

As it is now, I upload a new -upstream- version, but if I want to
git-import-orig --uscan, I need to wait for the tar-ball to get
replicated to my closest mirror (which takes about 24 hours according
to Savannah).

I can of course download the tarball by hand, and use git-import-orig
on that, but it would be much smoother being able to use --uscan.

- It looks like the answer by Daniel Lintott solves my problem.

(No need to CC me on any of my e-mail-addresses, I am subscribed to
the mentors mailinglist)

-- Andreas Rönnquist
mailingli...@gusnan.se
gus...@gusnan.se