I have started a debian package by following the example of libacl. I
apologize for being confusing but since I know hardly anything about debian
packaging, I don't really know what to ask to get started. So to start, for
my shared library, could you recommend a good shared library example that I
can follow. If libacl is fine, I am stuck with the following lintian
warnings:

Now running lintian...
W: mypackage source: binaries-have-file-conflict libmypackage-dev
libmypackage1 usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libmypackage.so
W: mypackage source: binaries-have-file-conflict libmypackage-dev
libmypackage1 usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libmypackage.so.1
W: mypackage source: binaries-have-file-conflict libmypackage-dev
libmypackage1 usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libmypackage.so.1.0.0
W: libmypackage1: non-dev-pkg-with-shlib-symlink
usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libmypackage.so.1.0.0
usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libmypackage.so
W: mypackage: empty-binary-package
W: libmypackage-dev: package-name-doesnt-match-sonames libmypackage1

I am using bzr builddeb -- -us -uc to create the packages.