On 2/7/07, Mike Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I just cleanly installed an R4600 SGI Indy with debian in order to do
a demo of Linux on old hardware. Unfortunately I can't get X to run!

I've tried stable and testing.

I get the following error whenever I run "startx":
/usr/bin/X11/X: symbol lookup error:
/usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/newport_drv.so: undefined symbol:
XAACreateInfoRec
XIO:  fatal IO error 131 (Connection reset by peer) on X server ":0.0"
      after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

iirc for the ati driver there was an option to disable xaa
("no_accel"), don't know if it helps in your case.

cheers, phil