Hello,

many people miss the progress icons in the new nm.debian.org site, and I
do, too.

Unfortunately the DB structure has changed and the old icons cannot be
reused. The set of possible progress states in the new site, so far, is
this one:

    ("PROGRESS_APP_NEW",   "app_new",   "Applicant asked to enter the process"),
    ("PROGRESS_APP_RCVD",  "app_rcvd",  "Applicant replied to initial mail"),
    ("PROGRESS_APP_HOLD",  "app_hold",  "On hold before entering the queue"),
    ("PROGRESS_ADV_RCVD",  "adv_rcvd",  "Received enough advocacies"),
    ("PROGRESS_APP_OK",    "app_ok",    "Advocacies have been approved"),
    ("PROGRESS_AM_RCVD",   "am_rcvd",   "Waiting for AM to confirm"),
    ("PROGRESS_AM",        "am",        "Interacting with an AM"),
    ("PROGRESS_AM_HOLD",   "am_hold",   "AM put application on hold"),
    ("PROGRESS_AM_OK",     "am_ok",     "AM approved the applicant"),
    ("PROGRESS_FD_HOLD",   "fd_hold",   "FD puts application on hold"),
    ("PROGRESS_FD_OK",     "fd_ok",     "FD approved the AM report"),
    ("PROGRESS_DAM_HOLD",  "dam_hold",  "DAM puts application on hold"),
    ("PROGRESS_DAM_OK",    "dam_ok",    "DAM accepted the applicant"),
    ("PROGRESS_DONE",      "done",      "Process has completed successfully
(account was created)"),
    ("PROGRESS_CANCELLED", "cancelled", "Process has been canceled"),

[From: http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=nm/nm2.git;a=blob;f=backend/const.py]

More could be added if/when we implement support for things like machine
guest accounts, collab-maint and DMs, but those are what we have now for
the process "from anything to DD".

So, this is a call for help: would you like to accept the challenge of
creating icons for those states?

 - The icons would need to be shown alongside names in long lists like
   https://nm.debian.org/public/nmlist, so we are looking at a small
   size, like 16x16, possibly wider but not much taller.

 - If you think they would be useful, the old NM icons can be found at
   http://store.enricozini.org/old-nm-icons.tar.gz, although there is no
   need to reuse them, and it's probably easy to do better than that.

 - You can use the middle column of the table above as file names.

If noone picks up the challenge, at some point I might decide to throw
something together in utter desperation, and YOU DO NOT WANT THAT.

The person who sends the best set of icons will get a hug and a free
drink at the earliest opportunity, plus the gratitude of masses of
people who will be spared the sight of my dreadful attempts at icon
design.

Ciao,

Enrico

--