-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA256

I support Michel Lind <[email protected]>'s request to become a Debian
Developer, uploading.

I have worked with Michel Lind on drgn and libkdumpfile for years and
I consider them as having sufficient technical competence.

I know Michel both as a colleague and, more usefully here, as a consumer of
his packaging work. I am a Linux kernel developer, and drgn -- with
libkdumpfile underneath it -- is what I reach for when a production machine
has crashed and all that is left is a kdump core. Michel maintains both in
Debian.

That is unglamorous work. libkdumpfile has to track kernel memory layout
closely, and it tends to break precisely when you are already busy debugging
something else. Having it packaged and current in Debian is the difference
between debugging a crash and first reconstructing a toolchain. Every kernel
engineer I work with benefits from this, and almost none of them know whose
work it is.

What I see in Michel is consistency rather than bursts: he keeps packages
current, works with upstream instead of carrying local patches indefinitely,
and takes care over the dependencies that other people's work quietly rests
on. He has been contributing for four years and already behaves like a Debian
Developer in every respect that matters. Granting the account would remove
friction, not confer trust he has yet to earn.

I have personally worked with Michel Lind <[email protected]>
(key 5DCE2E7E9C3B1CFFD335C1D78B229D2F7CCC04F2) for more than 5 years, and
I know Michel Lind can be trusted to be a full member of Debian, and have
unsupervised, unrestricted upload rights, right now.

Breno Leitao <[email protected]>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
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=ZbKa
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Breno Leitao (via nm.debian.org)

For details and to comment, visit https://nm.debian.org/process/1572/
-- 
https://nm.debian.org/process/1572/

  • Michel Lind: Advocate Luca Boccassi (via nm.debian.org)
    • Michel Lind: Advocate Breno Leitao (via nm.debian.org)

Reply via email to