-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA256

I support Juan Manuel Méndez Rey <[email protected]>'s request to become a 
Debian Maintainer. I have worked with him on various chromium-related packaging 
things since around April 2025.

Juan wrote an interesting blog post 
(https://vejeta.com/packaging-chromium-embedded-framework-for-debian-a-technical-deep-dive/)
 about packaging CEF (Chromium Embedded Framework), which was originally how I 
became acquainted with him. I suggested that CEF become part of the official 
Chromium package, and while that hasn't happened yet (primarily due to lack of 
time on my part), he has been super patient and also has been helping out on 
chromium packaging. I suggested that he package Siso (which chromium uses), 
which he has done, and which will be helpful for chromium packaging down the 
line. As an example of technical expertise, here's work he did on attempting to 
fix chromium FTBFS on armhf due to 32-bit memory addressing issues: 
https://salsa.debian.org/chromium-team/chromium/-/merge_requests/45

I believe that he would be an asset to Debian, and should have upload rights.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
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=qd4R
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Andres Salomon (via nm.debian.org)

For details and to comment, visit https://nm.debian.org/process/1581/
-- 
https://nm.debian.org/process/1581/

Reply via email to