-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA512

I've worked together with Federico Molara for several months now,
as he adopts one by one some packages that I put up RFAs for -
libdrpm, mbuffer, microsocks, zchunk, etc.

His work has been excellent - there were only two times when I had
some comments about his changes. In one of the cases he pointed out
some context that I had missed, and in the other he understood and
accepted the reasons why things are the way they are. For a couple
of packages he did not hesitate to contact the upstream maintainers
and coordinate the inclusion of some additional patches there.

Federico makes sure that his packages pass as many static checks as
possible, that their copyright and licensing information is up to
date and complete, and that as many checks as possible are also
run as autopkgtests. His understanding of the Debian processes and
the free software ideas underlying them is excellent. And, last but
most definitely not least, communicating with him has always been
very easy - he is polite, understanding (which is very helpful when
dealing with people like me who sometimes put things off), and
his writing is concise and complete.

My impression from working with Federico is that he will be a great
Debian Developer very soon (I think as soon as he himself gathers up
the courage to apply), and I heartily recommend him for
Debian Maintainer status right now.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

iQIzBAEBCgAdFiEELuenpRf8EkzxFcNUZR7vsCUn3xMFAmrJ/xsACgkQZR7vsCUn
3xMeeA/+MHzLSfEPAC/k/8AszFvjW9HJ/JQnz/2yUHcUgyQ4rIAFkrdD06Sa7SmQ
CJcLiv7yEXa7T9gLV7wKIA8F9s3GPqNWNfUmRFbqr7z7vpvYTVAihvKczruDU2Dw
MjZi4lD6nj8481KCpFRVeTVohIouMpmYeMDtpML9CnZCuNFzKE43Z1GySlrLeyZk
5cdFTjqihHkOoKz/L3PsqoaJp9LQVl5y3VgdhOkUkpdomg1TXPGlPC8YzxZ0Mqo1
CGlMfpu/G8SfjfrucvhyMG5qyVe+8iKGsB6Jb1aqqh/ls9+328prAJCJN/9UTPvt
9PCBTU8TpEpMSV6oXKMmc+Luu93Ch73vOwxy7mINpjP6bNGqj0tnDchf5DjFZPop
3W2zGstkFflXKKnagmTAwueM7fHuFEhOa3hpIriq9kR5O5S3wwQ/tkF1IKF6J9WC
zHkCNfI4GhdWpqF0JMPgZwWad6jwoI+ZYnUKhAJP6YOYwrlrD9zc8mJOD3gFszed
RmE710DV4QQSBtt03fSF0CYQIpuzkd8rXYYgTnu1jflxb3tZhM/AeiBsmKBmKTRh
fbfLua+ewn+G9ZPu/EpHbMq0BSBPTc+kXpZ0JkkGqDk5BnU6RPtRaMr00twACBK7
olixibB/qvAcaGG6esGw7jidYgBwIqvmfrF05SfbaUrd2Slr300=
=+VTf
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Peter Pentchev (via nm.debian.org)

For details and to comment, visit https://nm.debian.org/process/1585/
-- 
https://nm.debian.org/process/1585/

Reply via email to