Hendrik Tews:

>>> I just see:  topkg depends on Fmt, Logs, Bos, Cmdliner and
>>> opam-format. Out of this only cmlliner is currently in Debian,
>>> right?
>
> There is some kind of circular build dependency:
>
> - topkg contains the topkg library and the topkg-care tool
> - building the topkg library requires nothing
> - building topkg-care requires cmdliner
> - building cmdliner requires the topkg library
>
> How should I break this cycle? My idea is to duplicate topkg into
> topkg-lib and topkg-care, where topkg-lib builds the library only
> and topkg-care builds the topkg-care tool only. Both packages
> have the same upstream sources but different build dependencies.
>
> Is there a better way to deal with this kind of circular build
> dependencies?

I've filed a bug here: https://github.com/dbuenzli/topkg/issues/115

For the time being, it might be possible to ignore topkg-care, it sounds like a
developer "maintenance" tool that shouldn't be needed to build other things
with. I don't have it installed in any of my opam switches, but plenty of
things I use, do depend on topkg.

GPG: ed25519/56034877E1F87C35
GPG: rsa4096/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
https://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git