retitle 903900 libreoffice-common: apparmor denies java.security access
severity 903900 - moreinfo
tag 903900 normal
thanks

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 09:21:42AM +0200, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> > /etc/java-8-openjdk/security/java.security r,
>             ^
> (Almost) valid. Though I wonder why LO wants this.
> But I think you should use the default JRE (10)...

Using doPrivileged in LOs Java code needs it.

/usr/lib/jvm/** r is allowed, though, but this
(/conf/security/java.security) is a symlink and so (ttbomk)
apparmor still denies it... ;-(

I'll stick a allowance of /etc/java-??-openjdk/security/java.security r in
as a Debian-specific patch...

> So part os it shouldn't be fixed here, and this is a good example
> why mixing two different stuff (here: nvidia and java.security) in
> one report is bad.

Let's use this report only for java.security.

Regards,

Rene