Source: libreoffice
Version: 1:6.1.0~rc2-3
Severity: importtant

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 09, 2018 at 09:44:48PM +0200, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
> in the LibreOffice package as specified above (stretch-backports), adding a
> check box form control in Writer (and other components like base as well)
> produces an item without the actual check box control.
>
> To reproduce:
> - Either create a new document, add a check box form: the item is created
> with the default title, but without the check box control
> - or open a document created by an older LibreOffice version: e.g. a Base
> form containing check boxes.  In this LO version, the titles are still there,
> but the controls are gone.
>
> Example screenshot (Base, using German locale):
> <http://www.mynetcologne.de/~nc-dreszal/LO_Checkbox.png>
> See also the thread
> <https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/msg53515.html>.

http://bugs.debian.org/904598
http://bugs.debian.org/905408

Also see my post to the libreoffice development list. (Can't yut'n'paste
this here...)

So it also happens for inserted controls? sigh. (and that this time also
in gtk, probably because those controls are rendered by LO...)

> The "official" package from de.libreoffice.org
> (LibreOffice_6.1.0_Linux_x86-64_deb.tar.gz, SHA1 =
> a48fceeed811a19271fd5d858c7368f981aa2e89) does *not* have this bug, i.e.
> adding check box form controls works as expected.

Sigh. Feared that given the replies on libreoff...@lists.freedesktop.org

egards,

Rene

P.S.:
> Note that I classified this bug as important as the check boxes disappear
> from existing documents, making them unusable (a database frontend in my
> case).

Not that this bug report didn't end up as a "real" filed bug report at all
since you
reported it against a backport bversipon and thus it immediately gets
redirected to "just" a mail to debian-backports ;) (and if, the BTS
iwould not know the bpo version anyway.)

Will make one out of it and set you as submitter.