On Sun, Jan 06, 2019 at 08:21:36PM -0500, David Zelinsky wrote: > > No, you didn't. > > Yes, I did. If you think something may have gone wrong with it, then > you might tell me that. But if you think I'm lying, you're wrong.
I just said you didn't do a upgrade _recently_ because, see below - purely based on looking at your versions. > And yet, when I do 'apt upgrade libreoffice' it tells me this is most > recent version. 1:6.1.3-2? Impossible. Testing got 1:6.1.4-1 long ago, and now has 1:6.1.4-3. See https://packages.qa.debian.org/libr/libreoffice.html Similar with other old versions of yours. Maybe out of date mirror? > >> libreoffice worked fine, but now fails to start. From the menu, > > > > My laptop is runnig testing, too and this worked and works. > > OK. Are you saying you're having trouble replicating my problem? Yes. No problem at all for weeks. > >> nothing happens. From command line, it fails with the subject error: > >> > >> % libreoffice > > > > And this works fine. > > Riffing on your first comment, if a package works for one person, that > is not necessarily proof that it doesn't have a problem. Again, I was True, but given how long these versios are in testing as of now if it was a general or a problem experienced often problem the report would have come far sooner.. > I have no idea what this means. I did not explictly put OpenJDK 8 "in > the config". As I said, I'm not a Debian developer, and I don't spend > all my time looking at all the config files on my system (though I do > look at a number of them). OK, but LO uses Java at parts. (It looks for /usr/bin/java. Here: rene@frodo:~/.config/libreoffice$ grep -r java * 4/user/config/javasettings_Linux_X86_64.xml:<java xmlns="http://openoffice.org/2004/java/framework/1.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> 4/user/config/javasettings_Linux_X86_64.xml:<javaInfo xsi:nil="false" vendorUpdate="2013-05-02" autoSelect="true"> 4/user/config/javasettings_Linux_X86_64.xml:<location>file:///usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64</location> 4/user/config/javasettings_Linux_X86_64.xml:</javaInfo> 4/user/config/javasettings_Linux_X86_64.xml:</java> But in my experience it notices default changes and updates the path... Apparently not, apparently only when the old version is gone... And your reportbug-generated info shows this shows you have ii default-jre [java6-runtime] 2:1.10-67 installed default-jdk | 2:1.11-71 | testing | amd64, arm64, armel, armhf, i386, mips, mips64el, mipsel, ppc64el, s390x and this since November (ok, -70 since November). So, please, do a upgrade. With a clean, current testing. Then let's see further. Regards, Rene