Package: libreoffice
Version: 1:7.3.1~rc1-1
Control: tags -1 + a11y

The dropdown menus in Libreoffice contain some entries that are toggle
buttons (items with a boolean state, which can be enabled or disabled by
clicking on them).

the toggle indicators in the standard configuration (i've never adjusted
my libreoffice configuration) are extremely difficult to see.

In the attached screenshot, you can see the "Edit" menu is open, with
the "Track Changes" submenu open.

The top two menuitems of the "Track Changes" submenu are toggle buttons.

The "Record" menuitem is a toggle button in the "off" state.

The "Show" menuitem is a toggle button in the "on" state.

Both menuitems have a light grey background.

"Show" has a 1px slightly-darker grey border around its icon to indicate
that it is in the "on" state.

My eyes aren't perfect, but they're not terrible either, and I have to
squint or get up close to the screen to be able to identify when a
toggle menuitem is on or off.  It doesn't help that when i click on the
menuitem to change its state, it also disappears immediately, so i can't
see whether something visually changes during the click.

I can only assume that this is much worse for someone with significant
vision impairment.

  --dkg