On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 02:30:23AM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Dienstag, 7. April 2009, Paul Wise wrote:
> > A single rmdir in every game using /var/games isn't that hard,
> > especially since they have to remove the files from there.
>
> I agree and plan to file RC bugs on this.
>
> (There have been 24781 binary packages been successfully tested in sid and
> squeeze atm, 369 have failures, of which eleven packages keep /var/games
> around, of which 4 also keep other files in /var/games/* - seven more RC bugs
> sound reasonable to me. Plus potentially a few more in packages not tested.)
>
> Or is RC too much? Or fine now?

Unless policy is changed to make clear that /var/games can be removed
at any time, and thus that package cannot just ship /var/games in the
deb and expect it to be available when running the postinst, or at any
latter time, I have to object with this bug reports because this
introduces a race condition.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballo...@debian.org>