reopen 618885
reassign 618885 tech-ctte
thanks

Hi,

please read #618885 which is about whether sasl2-bin can kept files on the
system after purging it.

Policy 6.8 says that files must be removed on purge, Roberto says sasl2-bin is
an exception. I disagree.

There are some packages in the archive which (are made to) disagree and keep
some files, possible providing a mechanism via debconf to delete them, but if
so defaulting to false.
For example piuparts currently ignores (among others) these patterns:
"/var/lib/ldap(/.*)?" and "/var/lib/maxdb(/.*)?" and technically I could
easily make it ignore /etc/sasldb2.*.

But I actually think these exceptions are wrong, but I'm not the instance to
decide how to interpret policy. I merely maintain piuparts which test policy
compliance as officially interpreted.

So dear technical committee, that's why I assigned this bug to you. Thanks for
dealing with it,

cheers,
        Holger