gregor herrmann <gre...@debian.org> writes:
> On Sat, 05 Aug 2017 21:39:40 +0300, Adrian Bunk wrote:
>
>> Regarding the first point, most large teams do have have the concept of
>> package ownership inside the team.
>
> Maybe, maybe not.
> So far I've seen mostly voices from people working in teams in this
> thread who are in favour of dropping the required Uploaders field.

So, if you want to count votes: I am working in teams (mainly Debian
Astro), and I would favour keeping it -- exactly for the reasons Adrian
wrote: In Debian Astro, most packages are practically maintained by
a single person, who should also feel responsible. Team maintenance at
this stage gives the possibility to contribute to the git repository,
and to ease "NMU"s. d/changelog is not the proper solution, since it
contains the person who did the last upload, independent of whether it
was a team upload or a take-over. And incrementally investigating
d/changelog to find the last non-team-upload (which also may be done by
mistake) does not sound very smart.

There is the concept of "people feeling responsible for a
team-maintained package" which is not identical to the team itself. This
difference should be documented, and since it is the same kind of
information as the original Maintainer: field, I see no reason to put it
into a different place.

Best regards

Ole